So far this blog has been like the maiden voyage on a treadmill. That first step can be a lulu if you aren't careful. In the distraction of comments, I forgot to blog and went flying off the track. If you've ever been flung from a treadmill, you can feel my pain. Kind of a 'what the hell...' moment.
So now that my sight has cleared a little and the little birdies are not spinning around my head, I will size up the monster again. How do I get on? How do I stay on? Is it more important to hang on or to keep walking? Funny how a good mistake helps us ask more appropriate questions.
The air outside these last couple of days has been very sweet. Sweet with the smells of harvest and rain-washed space. It heals up my lungs and my head, that kind of smell - the combination of living and dying that lies underneath the dust and commotion every day.
Today seems like a good day to sweeten the air with a little rain - cleaning the bathroom, doing the laundry, running the vacuum, washing windows. I'll be looking for a fresh view of living and dying for today.
AH, this is the Bean. Nicely worded. I have not fallen off a treadmill but have seen George Jetson struggle with his. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.
ReplyDelete