It takes a lot of flexibility to be able to live that way. I get stuck in a rut, time seems to slip away and I feel dead. I let go too much and drama and muddlement take over and I feel abused. (By the same token) My body stays flexible if I am disciplined enough to exercise every day. (just as) My mind stays flexible if I make the effort to notice myself every moment, to use my intelligence to manage my thoughts(, which are not the same things. Your intelligence is much more powerful than your thoughts. Like when you think about some problem for a very long time and then the solution just happens once you stop trying so hard to think about it.)
So adjustments can be made (I don't have to stay in the rut, and I don't have to be pushed and pulled by drama). When I follow my thoughts, I eat too much ice cream and work too hard (because of thoughts like 'it's just a little bit of ice cream' or 'I'll eat less tomorrow', and 'it will just take a little time to get this done and then later when I have time I'll be able to enjoy sitting still' or 'this NEEDS to be done right now, and no one else can do it'. I get chubby, and tired. (When) I notice that I'm chubby and tired, and I can take control and make adjustments (by using my intelligence to make appropriate changes), or I can continue to be chubby and tired (by continuing in the original thought pattern). I can even talk myself into settling for chubby and tired until something comes along that might make me thinner and perky without my effort. Like that might happen.
Random events aside, I have a lot of control over my life. Often I don't want control. It requires effort, and it might even require bravery, new skills, change, and facing facts. Sometimes I just don't believe in myself enough (to take responsibility for controlling my life) - my faith (in myself and in the soul God gave me) falters. This is when I have found faith to be most important, and believing that an omnipotent high power made me with everything I need, already in place, makes all the difference. Even if I just believe a little bit, or maybe just hope a little bit that I believe in something true - and already there's the bravery (believing in what you cannot know fully and acting in spite of the fear) that my intelligence revealed to me (not my thoughts - they reveal nothing - my intelligence allows me to act in spite of fear) in a moment of reflection (when) noticing myself (thinking about my creation and my Creator, the perfection of my soul...). Did you see it happen there? (Did the parenthesis help?)
Well, I might be seeing things, but it's my blog and I'll imagine if I want to. :)
i like what you're seeing. i'll have to read that again, though. and maybe again. and perhaps tomorrow. i can't quite remember it. but i like it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow the hell did exercise become the theme of the day?
ReplyDeleteI'm very glad I fit hiking into my busy day Monday. I think I avoided a complex just now. What are you trying to say Ed?
Where are you hiding ddenzmd? Do I know what that stands for? Does it stand for something different now that you have nice news?
ok, i've read this post again. and again, and the comments. (i need to hear from steve on this matter - give me some W.S.Burroughs perspective on this whole thing)
ReplyDeletehowever, Bean, you are often over my head. and i don't mean in the "i'm sitting on a shelf in the foyer" kind of over my head. i mean the "huh?" kind of over my head.
Like this, that you wrote: Even if I just believe a little bit, or maybe just hope a little bit that I believe in something true - and already there's the bravery that my intelligence revealed to me in a moment of reflection, of noticing myself. Did you see it happen there?
i only saw a few dim pictures, and one of them was you exercising, and being flexible. and i thought i saw you eating Western Family ice cream while restlessly bouncing your leg and squinting at a book you're reading while watching tv and praying. not sure, though.
whatever it says or means, i like the fact that it shows up in my inbox, and i get to peek inside your frontal lobes. it's very pretty in there, kind of a pinkish taupe, with velvet draperies and Louis xiv furnishings.
You don't know ddenz but he will be looking out for your safety. However he woulike to meet this roberta lady as she sounds interesting and must have a tune in her heart.
ReplyDeleteI just asked what you did with ddenz, I didn't ask for him to show up again. 'nfact, I don't want him looking out for my safety, thanks. It is not a comforting thought-it's creeping me out.
ReplyDeleteif you think really hard you will realize what or who ddenzmd stands for and believe me there is nothing creepy about her or him. I will tell her to stay away until invited back. Think of a past conversation that was related to youth and childhood and it might JOG your memory.
ReplyDeleteI feel like crying. I want to believe there is nothing creepy. I want to be safe - but I don't feel safe not knowing who's looking out for me that wouldn't want me to know. You are invited to be clear, ddenzmd. Make me feel safe. I can't blog if I don't feel safe doing it.
ReplyDeleteDid you tell me to stay away, ddenzmd? Would you like me to invite you back? Would you rather I stayed away? There is only one person I would want to be torturing me so, only one person I would tolerate this from. Are you that one? Do you miss me? Do I miss you?
ReplyDeleteDamn, you piss me off. No more crap, or this blog is done.
Are we good now? I apologize
ReplyDeleteAre you just scared of me? I'll accept your apology, but don't use words like JOG or safety. K? I'll kick your ass...just try me.
ReplyDeleteNow go away until I invite you back.
ReplyDeleteAnd stay out...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey - you can't put it out there and then just leave it that way -
ReplyDeleteWhat?
Make sumthin up if you have to.
That means you, eeee
ReplyDeleteWhat the hell...
Too afraid of rejection Maybe later
ReplyDeleteAre you still afraid?
ReplyDeleteMaybe in a different forum?
And don't make me laugh any more, my face hurts....
ReplyDeleteLost any shoes?
ReplyDeleteFound any shoes?
I once new a lady that found some shoes
Wet her nickers when she found the owners
Please don't laugh and hurt that face
it looks good with juice dripping from its laughing lips and snot running out of its nose
That's bent.
ReplyDeleteNobody looks good in boogers.
I forgot to ask about the shoes today...