I told a friend of mine the other day that for the first time in my life I have a circle of friends. I've always had good people in my life, people shared care and support. What I never had was the circle - my friends are not only friends with me, but friends with each other. There are new ways of thinking here in the circle - taking less than good care of yourself is not as acceptable or as easy to cover up as before; the conversations that happen among the circle are not backbiting or undercutting but safe and met with respect and generosity; a fantastic level of progress - personal and professional - is made, and the cooperation is a thrill. Bad days are bad days, and good days are incredible, and each of us has room to have them as they come.
I must say the bad days don't seem nearly as nasty as they did before the circle. Well spoken, ddenzmd - keep it up no matter what. I don't know how the circle happened, and I don't guess I much care. I like it very very much.
Good point
ReplyDelete