My therapist told me once that she doubted I'd ever experienced it. I always thought it was something to 'go with', but it turns out it's something you can be 'in'. I like being 'in' it. It's cup runneth over, it's thrill and chase, it's smooth but unpredictable and risky. Things fall into place with what seems like very little effort, and even being tired is really satisfying. It's wild and peaceful at the same time. Safe and the most dangerous thing ever. It can hurt, cut, and bleed love. It comes close to words, but never holds on to them. It's smoke, rock, mist, petals, skin, and sound. I can't hold onto it because it isn't mine and it isn't real - it's nothing if not pure truth and faith. There is even purpose in the things I do wrong.
I am uncertain and wise, but not because of me. It's just the way it is, and I don't have to be anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment