"Find what makes your heart sing and move mountains to do it and then continue to do it. Each one of us has a life calling... that passion for which we know deep down we've been uniquely made."
Shannon White
I'm not sure why it has been so hard for me to grab on to my passion. I am sure that I have let fear and discouragement hide it from plain sight. I have blamed 'bloom where you're planted' for my making do with what is, and not pushing or reaching for what is not right here in my soil, this little small-town garden. I think I've let that be a stumbling block, I've let the limits of where I live keep me from reaching past that for realizing my passion.
OK. So, again I ask, what is my passion? I love to write. Why don't I do it? I do. Am I supposed to make it a profession? A career? I love nature. I like plants best, soil and plants and beautiful gardens and forests and woods. I like most bugs, and creepy crawlies that don't bite. I do enjoy writing about what I observe in nature. I like looking for treasure in the trash at work. I am most satisfied with a new pile of unprocessed crap, the closed boxes that have been packed by others and hold all the question marks!
I love to ask questions. I like to learn. I like to read and talk to interesting, smart, deeply conscious people. I like to be outside, but not in extremes. I like to ski, boat, hike, ride, fly, fish, and travel, among other things.
I need to get off this floor and pay attention to this day. I have already done some of the things I enjoy. Do I need to try harder to be published? Do I need to learn how to play? Do I need to stop expecting what I love to do best to turn into a pile of cash?
Hmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment