It's been quite a while - it's a little musty in here. The winter weather chased me away, the holiday bogged me down, the end of the year freaked me out. Let's open a window, shall we...
The New Year holiday has more impact on me some years than Christmas does. This year was one of those. An end-of-year reassessment is different than a regular old one in that it can be more powerful. Exhaustion can do it. Confusion or frustration can do it. Avoidance can do it. Can give reflection power. This year anger did it.
So I looked back and took stock of all the mud I've cleaned off my shoes in the last two years. Am I going to keep my eyes closed and walk back into the mud? Hell no. If it's raining there will be mud, but I don't have to travel in the puddles. I can slow down and be more careful. I can be deliberate and plan ahead. I can let go of hands and walk alone if I'm getting pulled in where I don't want to go.
I like this room. I think I'll freshen up the space - maybe a new pen or some fresh curtains. Stick my tongue out at winter and walk on the treadmill. Write - which will make me a writer. The rest will come as it may.
No comments:
Post a Comment