I'm so sorry. That was like a little letter bomb. Please delete that nasty email, gentlemen. Spend the rest of the day forgetting it, if you must.
I still want to know if we'll be back to watching men wearing manly colors playing football soon.
well, finally, you blogged.
ReplyDeletehope you have peace while you wait it out.
for me, seems there are only about 6 days a month that are not affected. there's the back-ache and witchy attitude of ovulation. the week of rehearsal and the week of what you have now. and the three days spent making up for the 21 days.
however, i would much rather be female than the alternative. at least we have full brain function several days a month....
Now I'm laughing! Good Morning Berta!! I love you so much!
ReplyDeleteToo much info!
ReplyDeleteI finished my comic book last night and sure could use a story that isn't erased ! By the way you didn't erase all your little tracks in my email. he he he he
ReplyDeleteGenerally a woman's mental state is affected by their physical state of well-being (not always adversely). Men, on the other hand, are stupid all month long regardless of physical factors. We are consistent. Once a woman figures out how to control a man (it's not that hard to figure out), the job is done - men can't change their priorities at the instinctual level.
ReplyDeleteNumber two - women often speak about the problems caused by their periods using a tone that makes men exclusionary in a way that implies that it is the man's fault that women experience this. Here's the thing though - men wish women didn't have periods twice as much as women wish it. If it was up to us, menstruation would cease completely. Put out the word: all women will cease to have periods immediately. See how long it takes all the men to be dancing in the streets.
Which brings up the third point: human reproduction in general is vastly overrated. Any process that fails to yield a satisfactory result in approximately 98.7% of the cases should logically be scrapped. On any plane of existence, the species that is at the top of the evolutionary cycle should choose to terminate their own existence for the good of all other life in the system. If we disappeared we would find it unfortunate, but the other 99% of life on the planet would benefit. This is the core of democracy as a thought process, at the elemental level.
Since I am a man and as transparent as all men - I'm sure you can figure out how serious I am being here.
Ok.... the thing about the period.... it comes straight outta the bible, laid out very plainly for us in Genesis chapter 3.
ReplyDeleteI would like to respond to Steve's comment: "women often speak about the problems caused by their periods using a tone that makes men exclusionary in a way that implies that it is the man's fault that women experience this."
lookit, we girls know it is all our own doing... but we love to insinuate that the guys should bear the guilt of it anyway. why?
please consider the following pronouncements from God, right before the stupid idiots he had created got kicked out of the garden.
to the man: "cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread,"
(basically God sentenced men to be farmers - not such a bad life, really, when you consider the government subsidies...)
but for eve, who was hungry, found food, and shared it with her lover: "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."
(condemned to be subject to sweaty farmers, to hurt like hell as women and mothers, to never leave home without a spare pair of panties.)
even with all this bitching... i must admit that the arrival each month of The Gift (as some old grannies call it) is reassuring. after all, it has been my pleasure to have this somewhat unpredictable guest come to call for more than 30 years.
I love bein a girl.
Regarding this opinion from Steve on the subject of reproduction, in regards to the cramps comments: "Any process that fails to yield a satisfactory result in approximately 98.7% of the cases should logically be scrapped."
ReplyDeletei love that idea. which is why i chose not to procreate. that and the stretch marks.
Ok. I've finished my reading.
ReplyDeleteShould I comment here, or on the other post?
I'm laughing too hard. Give me a minute.
I knew it was the damn female and the apple. Times I wish I could have my rib back and then times when I wish I could give 3 more. Then I wake up and remember the perils of 28th day!
ReplyDeletetake all the time you need.
ReplyDeleteI hope that Steve and I have not sullied your blog with our inanity. the cramps chapter of your blog has obviously touched our hearts deeply.
i know you must be very busy, but could you please consider writing on your blog more? I enjoy the intricacies of your circuitous beta and alpha waves.
I will try, my fair Berta...
ReplyDeleteObviously my editing was in vain and you gentlemen and sweet lady did anything but spend even one moment forgetting it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a hoot.