It's always bubbling away. Without a plan, a channel or a tank or a pipe, the water just meanders, which in itself, as far as water is concerned, is just what it should do. It will stay low, moving on when it reaches the limits of this or that low place, giving it's gifts to any who take of it. Channels and pipes mean work, and restriction. In writing, which is the analogous counterpart in this case, that means what? That my friends will have to buy a book to drink from my wellspring? I think not.
I like the first image, though. The spring, the green grass and the birds and animals. They are my friends. At the spring there is growing, and becoming, and changing. It is peaceful and wild. Just the rules of nature, of the cosmos. No other rules required. Just being according to the laws of nature. I trust those. God made them. I don't always like them, they allow things I don't like to see, or hear, or do. But I trust them. That's how I find truth - did it happen according to a natural law, or in response to something man said I have to do? Then I don't trust, but must accept just the same. My reactions will come according to natural law, honoring God and with my trust that only then am I assured that his will gets done.
No comments:
Post a Comment