I have always wondered how to follow the advice about surrounding yourself with good people. It takes a lot of time to build friendships, to find out what you do and don't like about the people you meet. It's not really any different in the city than it is in the little towns, either. Being surface friendly is not the same as having great friends. I've been fishing for friends in different ways all my life. Few people really make an impact that can be described as friendship in the linked up and like sort of way. Friends are special, and friends matter.
So I'm fishing still. I think it would be really exciting and enriching to have a friend or two that share my interest in writing. We could whine about it together, relish successes together, laugh at each other, and push each other to be better at it and on purpose about it. We could email each other about great stories we've read, interesting ways to use our talent, and criticize people we don't understand (because we, this friend and me, will be the most normal people we know of course).
Now, you who are already my friends know who you are - you get an email when I blog - and you cannot be replaced. You either share my interest in writing or have said nice things about my writing. You occasionally comment on my posts, which I find quite pleasing. It's always good to make more friends, in all the varying levels that friends come in, so I'm saying there's room. It won't get cramped up, I promise. :)
Take a little chance and be a new friend. Write a response, tune in and watch the blog for a while. You can follow or make it a favorite, whatever you wish. I don't want anything from you but a little time and some interaction...something to stir the interest, to spice up life a little. Chances are if you're a writer or would like to be, you know just what I mean already.
Thanks, and have a great week!
Bean
So I'm fishing still. I think it would be really exciting and enriching to have a friend or two that share my interest in writing. We could whine about it together, relish successes together, laugh at each other, and push each other to be better at it and on purpose about it. We could email each other about great stories we've read, interesting ways to use our talent, and criticize people we don't understand (because we, this friend and me, will be the most normal people we know of course).
Now, you who are already my friends know who you are - you get an email when I blog - and you cannot be replaced. You either share my interest in writing or have said nice things about my writing. You occasionally comment on my posts, which I find quite pleasing. It's always good to make more friends, in all the varying levels that friends come in, so I'm saying there's room. It won't get cramped up, I promise. :)
Take a little chance and be a new friend. Write a response, tune in and watch the blog for a while. You can follow or make it a favorite, whatever you wish. I don't want anything from you but a little time and some interaction...something to stir the interest, to spice up life a little. Chances are if you're a writer or would like to be, you know just what I mean already.
Thanks, and have a great week!
Bean
hi hon. i love ya!
ReplyDelete