Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Marbles and the New Year

Ah, a New Year.  The best reason we have for making up our minds to make changes, do things differently, renew old passions, and improve some self.  I remember some January 1st's that weren't exactly bright with positivity in the face of making changes, but this one, Sir 2013, is feeling pretty good.

I think it feels good because I have a few real concrete things I'd like to do.  I have plans to get out and visit a gym to get the chub off my behind - this will help me feel better about how I look and will improve how I feel.  I have ideas about things to make, and a great moment of encouragement and support from my soul mate that I need to explore.  I have a job that does not inspire me, but I sure have a great opportunity to learn, and I have.  I have a desire to move out of heal up mode and into a more active social life.  I hope that next New Years' I have friends that have similar interests and social likes to celebrate the holiday with.  There are also going to be more outdoor trips this year during the season, including fishing, camping, hiking, and boating.  I plan to reach for relationships and activities that I desire.  There should be more writing, but that has not proven to be the best primary focus.  There must be more to accomplish before that materializes into something occupational.

It's not a flaky list of stuff that I have the energy to do today, if I can get it all done.  It's a vision for taking advantage of opportunities that will come, for using my resources to their full potential and increasing what I have right now financially.  I want to take my money and make it grow, not just pay the bills.  That means I'll have to take a few risks, do something new or to start something that doesn't have a guaranteed outcome.  I need to smile and act brave until I can stand firm and be brave.

So, this week I will employ my new Excel skills at work, exercise new Facebook and website skills, and talk a few people into joining us at the Billings show.  I will decide if the Butte show is worth the effort, and re-evaluate the Great Falls and Bozeman shows.

And you?


1 comment:

  1. Also, I think I'd like to bake cookies today. And talk to my man some more about making things to sell.

    ReplyDelete