Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Morning Marble

It just came to me.  I'm cute, remember.  :)

What is the difference between positive thoughts and denial?  Is there a difference?  I suppose positive thoughts used to make yourself feel better, to avoid trapping yourself in a pity-party, should be truthful and realistic.  Then it's not denial?  So telling yourself the truth is the key, then? 

So the truth is I am a cool person.  The truth is that I have opinions of people that are based on how we work together, how we work with others.  The truth is I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable, I don't want my actions to cause hardship or pain or discomfort.  Ever.  The truth is sometimes that happens, and while it's ok I find it difficult to make the decision to do something that is good for me when it's not pleasant for someone else.  The truth is that cool people like to be trusted enough to take a little shit from you (me).  Uncool people make it a big deal and make me feel bad. 

I need to suck it up.  I need to trust people to be honest with me.  I need to remember it's their lump if they aren't.  I need to trust people to like me even when I am meeting my needs and it causes them some discomfort.  I do not interfere as a rule, and I do my best to preserve other's wants and needs.  When they are not the same, it doesn't serve to put mine aside completely.

Remember, a marble, not a gem.  It's morning, and there has been no coffee or chocolate yet.  :)

2 comments:

  1. ok, i like that. provacative. and may i suggest:

    get some chocolate marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes. Chocolate marbles, an excellent idea. But not the waxy ones we get at Christmas and Easter, with a brightly colored foil wrapper. No, no. Deep, rich, creamy chocolate marbles, with hints of coffee, or hazelnut, or pecans and caramel, or toffee, or buttercream (but not to sweet). They will melt on the tongue, but not too quickly. And they will soothe the soul.
    Ahh, yes. Beautiful, dark, crazy chocolate.

    ReplyDelete