There is a certain element in crisis that fades away. After the fears are faced, situations managed, changes implemented, there is a let-down, like after Christmas, or after Homecoming. I didn't know it applied in traumatic or unpleasant experiences.
It might be a thrill-seeker thing. I suppose it is what makes some people seem flaky, or fearless, or brave. When I've dug in and really put myself toward learning something challenging, or doing something new, or beginning a new friendship, I notice that the 'fun' fades as soon as the newness is gone. Is this why I find it hard to sustain long-term relationships, business ventures, and craft projects? I just get bored? Is that what this feeling is about, now that I've got a pattern to my life? Will I be always trying to stir things up? It seems while the question is unanswered, it's easy to pay attention. Once the answer appears there's a time of - what is it? - until the next question.
I think most of the time I'm trying to stir in a good way. New places to go, new people to meet, new things to do, new ways to think. It's hard to find a good balance between holding on and letting go.
Heavy stuff, Sister.
ReplyDeleteSome folks seem made for new things. Some seem made to plod. Is this their Maker's choice, or their own?
I've heard it said us flaky people would be able to plod if we were disciplined. And then, I have heard it said that those plodders need to let their hair down.
I think it is more like the apostle Paul's description of the body of Christ. Both types are needed.
In the proverbs it is said, "as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."
I'm glad you were made the way you are. It's exciting and fun!